Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankfulness



I give thanks my love
For the space to breathe,
For allowing my curiosities
Free reign to find treasure
In that which most would deem mundane.

I give thanks my love
For shared days and nights,
Summer rays
Warm blankets through winter's chill,
Rainstorms
Music
Strolls through Autumn's leaf-strewn streets.

I'm thankful for the comfort of family
To love and be loved in return,
For strangers who become friends
Friends who become closer
Through late-night conversation,
Grateful
For a chance to somehow help it all make sense.

I give thanks for acceptance and non-judgement
For eyes that see truth but still find beauty,
For passion
Desire
Warm oatmeal and hot tea
Children's laughter
Memories,
Secrets

Trust.

And you.


To all of my friends in the US, A very Happy Thanksgiving. ♥

7 comments:

  1. Lovely writing and thank YOU ~

    Happy weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks everyone!

    Heaven, I decided to write my post this way after reading yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thank you, Barry. I give thanks for you too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Barry. And thanks again for the lovely words...it means a lot to me ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to you always.

    Though this is not tradition over here, it is wonderful to appreciate others with thanks.

    Your words were so heartfelt, and I should even admit a little tear. So very lovely. I know I've been distant of late.

    Thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete