Monday, November 14, 2011

What Is There To Love About Fall?




   You'd think after being off work sick all day I'd have felt like putting aside a few minutes somewhere to write this post. Yet here I sit at 9:00 at night putting this together.

   So here it is...

   I hate Fall.

  The main reason I hate it is because I love summer too much and Fall brings an end to it. No more blissfully warm temperatures, no more days by the pool. Tanned bodies on the girls and boys of summer are once again wrapped in heavy clothing and packed away for another year. No more muscle cars cruising the strip. It's all quite sad really.

  But since there's no getting away from it I've decided there must be some things I like about Fall. So I made a list.


  • the smell of a wood burning fireplace (this is definitely one of my favourite things about this time of year)...


  • the spectacular show of colour in the vibrant yellow, orange and red leaves...

  • the sound of those leaves rustling as we walk around the neighbourhood...

  • coming in from the chill and sitting down to a cup of hot chocolate. Preferably with those tiny marshmallows...

  • the smell of Autumn in the air...

  • no more mosquitos...



and finally...

  • no more worrying about getting sunburned.

   What's your favourite part of Fall?

6 comments:

  1. No sweating, cold sheets, crisp air, cool scarves, boots, thick sweaters, no spiders (although I did find one in the garden this weekend), fogged up glasses, colors, picture opportunities, apple pies, etc.

    I love fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha basically we are like twins! I love it for the colors, the joy of the holidays coming, the scarves, cute boots, etc... but I hate to see summer go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, I loathe summer very much. Its frustratingly hot over here now and summer has yet to officially begin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you've stopped being such a Negative Nancy about fall and tried to find some positives. ;) Also, I hope you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Negative Nancy, lol. I was going to ask if I could use some of your images for this post but figured you have enough things to deal with as it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have said yes. :) It's snowing here now. Bye bye pretty fall scenery. :(

    ReplyDelete