Jill from Life After College gave me the "Super Comments Award". I've always been interested in what she has to say, I think you might too so make sure you drop by and check her out. Thanks for this award Jill!
Here are the rules:
•Thank the person who nominated you.
•Post the award in your blog.
•Link to the person who gave it to you.
•Answer 10 questions that come with the award.
•Nominate of few of your favorite bloggers.
1. Why do you blog?
I started my blog at a time of great self-discovery after a car accident. The intent of my blog was always to reach out to others, I found that by helping people I was able to ultimately regain something that was missing in myself. Today I get tremendous satisfaction in speaking with people about their issues or just simply listening. In additon to just chatting about whatever comes up, I've talked with many of my readers about love and almost every aspect of relationships, sexual orientation, religion, dependency and addiction, depression, rape and abuse, suicidal thoughts and various psychological 'disorders' (I still don't like that term regardless of what the psychiatric field calls it).
I've taken a growing interest in psychology and have been reading up on areas such as depression and abuse. I'd like to help more through conversation. I also hope to educate on my blog through continuing my 'Greater Understanding' series of posts, in which I'll be bringing topics that are kept behind closed doors into the light. (I'll be looking for participation with this from you guys shortly). Of course I'll still balance things off with lighter posts as well as my poetry.
2. What are your 3 best memories? (I'll make it four)
- My trip to Europe when I was twenty-two. In five weeks my friend and I travelled by train through England, France, Monaco, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and Vatican City.
- My 'first time'
- Performing stand-up at Yuk Yuk's comedy club in Toronto, sharing the same stage with Russell Peters.
- The day I married Sandy, my best friend. One of the best days of my life.
4. What are five things you can't live without?
- arts and literature
5. What are the 4 best books you've ever read?
I'm not much of a reader but I'd have to say:
- a thesaurus (hey don't laugh, it's invaluable when writing)
- Shakespeare's Complete Works
- "Why Women Have Sex" by Cindy M. Meston, PhD and David M. Buss, PhD
- "Bloodletting" by Victoria Leatham, a true story of self-harm
- (today I picked up "The Female Brain" by Louann Brizendine, my latest foray into the field of female psychology which just may expand this list)
6. Tell me something unique and interesting about yourself.
I occasionally write raps even though I rarely listen to the music.
7. What do you love best about yourself?
I'm a good listener and never repeat what people share with me.
8. What is the best movie ever made?
9. If you had a "Freaky Friday" experience who would you trade places with and why?
A woman, to experience life through her eyes. I think it would be an invaluable experience in gaining understanding.
10. What's the best part about being a man?
Being inspired by the mystery of the opposite sex. It drives my writing.
I can't pass this on to everyone, but please know I appreciate the comments that each and every one of you leave me. I'm giving this 'Super Comments Award' to:
High Heeled Life