Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chilean Relief Efforts

I'm reposting this on behalf of my very dear friend Cindy.  Her family in Chile was one of many who felt the devastation of the earthquake and aftershocks. They are very much in need of assistance, I hope you'll consider joining me in doing whatever you're able to help.  Even a small amount from many can make a difference.


Please visit the Banco de Chile site and donate to the Chilean telethon earthquake relief efforts. This is the official site and of course it's completely secure and safe.

Click here  https://www.bancochile.cl/webchile1/Teleton/index_tarjetas_ex.html

They've been on television ALL night fund raising and they're up to $14m... trying to get $30m! You can see streaming of the telethon efforts at http://www.latercera.cl/.



While I sit here on my fancy couch dressed in overpriced jeans and drinking sweet tea, I can't help to think of my own family that has no running water or electricity, and of the two million folks out there who lost it all and just sit and wait for a government truck to show up with water and pasta.


"If you can't feed hundreds of people, then just feed one"

~Mother Theresa
You may also text CHILE to 90999 to donate $10 to the Red Cross.

Put it all in perspective and let's help rebuild this little strip of land one day at a time.

FUERZA CHILE!!!!
PS. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU'D LIKE TO REPOST THIS ENTRY AND I'LL EMAIL YOU THE CODE TO MAKE IT REALLY SIMPLE! I WOULD TRULY APPRECIATE IT!!!!

5 comments:

  1. You are such a great person, always supporting everyone you meet. It's a shame there aren't a million Barry's in this world. These natural disasters are breaking my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Shannon. My heart aches for all those hurting. I want to repost this for Cindy, too.

    Every little bit counts, and you do a lot of little bits, Barry. Thank you. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is horrible but we can al help even if just a bit! THanks for passing the word on..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! This is really important. I just spoke to my aunt and they told me how yesterday the entire town ran out of their house around 3 PM and headed for the hills because there was a tsunami warning after a 7.2 after-shock... She said it was terrifying:( Not sure why these terrible things are happening but thank you Barry for reposting and Heather, I appreciate you wanting to post as well. I'll email you the code!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a tragedy. I have donated with a lot of love in my heart.

    Love,
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete