Thanks to everyone who read about me. It was an interesting exercise to say the least but I enjoyed writing it, as well as reading all your great comments. I chanced upon the clock above in my favourite local bookstore today, and it's inspired a giveaway.
Please note: I've changed the closing date for this giveaway to May 26th and will be drawing a name on that day. I've discovered that there are severe restrictions in shipping clocks to the US by courier or mail, however I have a friend flying to the States on May 28th and she's offered to take it with her and mail it from there.
When you e-mail me, please include your full mailing address. This will ensure, if I draw a winner from the US, that it'll get on the flight in time.
As many of you know I'm always interested in learning more about people. So I want to know what makes you tick. That is, what you feel has made you who you are, why you do what you do. Here's how it works.
Write something that gives insight to who you are. It doesn't have to be as lengthy or in-depth as I wrote earlier; I'm not asking anyone to go through some painful regression. Just give us a better idea of who you are beneath your surface.
A few suggestions to get you started:
-was there a significant event in your life that shaped who you are? Describe how.
-was there anything you rebelled against that led you down a different path? What was the result?
-did you have a strong personality trait that carried into later years? What is it and how is it significant?
-did you aspire towards something when you were younger that you pursued in your later years?
-was there an influential person in your life who taught you certain values? What were they and how do they apply to your life now?
- there are no restrictions on content or length.
- it can be something you've posted within the past month if it's significant to describing who you are now
- e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and refer me to your post after it's up so I can enter your name.
- I recognize that some people will be more comfortable with this than others. You have the option of e-mailing me with what you've written if you'd rather.
- title of your post can be anything you'd like
- winner will be determined by random draw, rather than by content.
- whether the submission comes by blog or e-mail, I'll be posting the winner's name. In the case of a post I'll provide a link to it; if it was by private e-mail the submission will not be published.
- giveaway runs for
threetwo weeks. The winner will be drawn on Tuesday, June 1stWednesday, May 26th and announced shortly after.
- I'll also link to all other submissions when I make the announcement so that people get a chance to drop by and visit you.
The clock is 6 inches in diameter, glass-faced, with eight gears that continuously revolve. It's very cool to watch, now that I've seen it in action I'm thinking of getting one myself. It can be wall-mounted and also comes with a stand for desktop use. Takes two C batteries which will not be included due to shipping restrictions. Approx. value: $30.00.
Good luck everyone!