Friday, May 28, 2010

Secret Friday

                                               sooo sexy!


Is it really Friday? Yeah baby! Welcome to the twenty-fourth installment of Secret Friday, a chance to anonymously share some secrets and/or fantasies you've been keeping to yourself. Some are uplifting, some are heartbreaking and some are just plain naughty.

All are valid.

Before we get into this I want to talk about something that happened a few days ago that I probably won't forget as long as I run this. As I mentioned last week, Rasha told me she decided to start featuring "Tell Me A Secret Tuesday" weekly on her blog.  A great comment from Amber on Rasha's post this week caught my attention.  She said,

"I don't have a secret today - but somehow reading this post last week and this week makes me feel better. Not that I'm happy that other people are struggling by any means - I wish everyone could find the peace and contentment they long for. But somehow this post makes me realize that we all have issues, all have secrets, all have unanswered prayers - and that's just a part of life I'm learning to live with."

It's hard to explain how it felt to read that, because it's exactly the reason I started Secret Fridays. Through all our secrets, fantasies and struggles we share a commonality which, when laid naked before all to see, makes us realize we're not alone. The submissions I receive from all of you are sometimes not easy to read but they're so, so important.  I thank you Amber for allowing me to repost your comment here.

If you want to see more, also drop by to visit Neisy for her Secret Fridays. (If her post isn't up now it should be shortly). I love that this idea has also crossed the ocean to Egypt.

Okay, here's how this works:

1) This is open to anyone who wants to participate, from regular follower to casual visitor.

2) Post a secret or fantasy anonymously, no names please. It can be anything from mild to wild, anything goes. All I ask is that it's true. You can post as many as you're comfortable with.

3) I don't plan to censor content or language. However I do reserve the right to remove anything which appears to be posted with the sole intent of offending. I also reserve the right not to remove content that may be considered controversial. It's a fine line sometimes.

4) If you're someone who is easily offended by swearing or sexual content you may not want to read through the comments. I have no idea where this will go and won't be reviewing comments until after they are posted.

5) Feedback about this feature is welcome, anonymously or otherwise.

6) I'd like everyone to please refrain from commenting on what someone else has written; what may seem trivial to you can be very personal to someone else. Everyone has feelings and I want to see them respected, therefore inappropriate remarks will be removed. Fortunately this hasn't been an issue and I'd like to thank all of you for that.

On to it...

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im close friends with an ex of mine... it was the hardest break up, because most often, im the one that breaks up with ex's.. not the other way around... well this ex is a HUGE flirt and always tries to hang out... the ex will randomly send pictures and invite me over, i have never gone over, but i have sent pictures back and it makes me feel horrible, because im in a relationship...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops, I deleted my post... I said: What amanda said is SO correct, that is why when I saw you were doing this Barry, I just KNEW I had to play along... We all got secrets, and we wll have been threw semi- the same things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to love myself but all the negative things ever said is all I keep focusing on. I feel as if that is who I am even though I know I'm not a horrible person I just can't believe it because my mind is focused on the bad. I simply want to love myself again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to have sex- with a RANDOM stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish my birth control would fail and I would get accidently pregnant. I really want a child, but I know I won't be able to talk my parnter into it right now because of our financial situation . . . but I think that we could make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to go to a swinger's club with my partner. I don't want to have sex with another person or persons. I just want to watch others having sex, and have them watch us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the above comment was written by my spouse. Otherwise it's some bizarre instance of random happenstance.

    ReplyDelete