Monday, August 29, 2011

Saturday Blogger Meet

After waitng for what seemed forever, Sandy and I were joined for the first time by two of our blogging friends on Saturday. Colleen and I had known each other for about a year, somewhere along the way I introduced her to Sandy. I suggested that she bring someone along, so her friend Leila joined her. They've known each other since university, I just began talking with Leila two weeks ago.

We picked them up from the bus station a little after 2:00 in the afternoon, returned to the house and spent time on the deck enjoying the sun.

Colleen, Sandy (note the hair colour), and Leila

After a while Sandy mentioned she was getting her hair cut the next day and planned to colour it herself. A short conversation followed, those plans were changed and we packed into the car on a trip to our local drug store to pick up some hair colouring. This is what followed...











(wet but darker)

While this was going on, Colleen was preparing chicken alfredo for dinner...





Did I mention my wife allowed me to have two women that I met on the internet over to the house to cook us dinner? Is she amazing or what??


Leila made a caesar salad...






For dessert we had small vanilla cupcakes, chocolate marble loaf and Sandy's world-famous latte.

                                                                    PRESS PHOTO FROM O'SHEA ARCHIVES

We spent the rest of the evening talking in the living room. Colleen was the same as she is on-line, a very easy person to talk to with a great sense of humour. I'm just getting to know Leila but we share many of the same views and are exchanging Psychology books.

We wrapped up at 1am and drove the girls home instead of having them take the bus, went to bed at 2:30. Everyone agreed it was a great time and we need to do it again soon.

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful meeting of friends... Great to see that on-line friends can be also nice in real life.

    Sandy and the girls are all look beautiful.

    Happy day ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous of the food!! Glad ya'll had a good visit. Sandy's hair looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so fun! sandy's hair looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a blast! It was so great to meet you in real life lol. And Sandy def looks beautiful!! Next time u come to my part of town

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful meeting!! I love that this was the first time ya'll meet! Looking at the pictures it would seem like this was just another get together between friends who've known each other forever. I love reading posts like this. It always confirms to me that blogger friends are very "real" friends and that if we all met in real life we'd all more than likely have wonderful experiences! I love Sandy's new hair colour! Very beautiful :) And the deck looks amazing :) And how awesome to have the girls cook dinner in your home. I love the intimacy of blogging friendships! Like we've always known each other :)

    ReplyDelete