Friday, April 6, 2012

Climbing for the Cause

                                                                     here


On Saturday April 21st, Sandy and I will be participating in the 22nd Annual CN Tower Climb for WWF (World Wildlife Fund). WWF is an international organization that works on conservation, research and restoration of the environment. They're the world's largest independent conservation organization with over 5 million supporters worldwide, working in more than 100 countries and supporting over 1,000 conservation and environmental projects. Their mission is "to halt and reverse the destruction of our environment". WWF is also concerned with endangered species, pollution and climate change. To find out more, go here.

Many cities in the world have their own landmark. The Empire State Building in New York, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, Big Ben in London. Even Seattle has their Space Needle. In Toronto, my hometown,  it's the CN Tower.

                                                                          here

The tower was built in 1976. It's 1,815 feet high and to get to the top (or as high as you can go) there are six glass elevators that travel at fifteen miles per hour.

Or you can take the stairs.

1,776 of them.

I've done this climb twice, in my late teens/early twenties and it was a lot of fun. After more years than I care to count I'm returning and together we're going to conquer it. I can't wait!

If you'd like to sponsor me please go here . Donations of $20.00 or more will receive a tax receipt. Anything you can contribute will get me closer to my goal. I'll be posting after the climb to let you all know how it went. Thanks for any support you can give.

Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment: