It's no secret I've been posting less lately, and I'm working on a few things to get out of this dry spell. I want to do a wide range of posts but Secret Sundays are still important to me, so today I thought I'd make a change I've been meaning to make for a while and also talk a bit about how this all came to be.
A few years ago I was in my favourite bookstore and came across the Post Secrets series of books. I had never heard of them, but when I picked up each one up I couldn't put it down. They were amazingly intense and reading them was a very emotional experience. A short time later I discovered a blog (I think it was "The Girl With The Pink Teacup", who doesn't seem to be around anymore), who was running a Post Secrets feature on her blog. I decided at that moment I wanted to do it as well. And so, in November of 2009 I began Secret Fridays. In October of 2010 I decided to move it to Sundays in the hope that more people would have time to comment on weekends.
Secret Friday ran 41 times before becoming Secret Sunday. I've decided today to combine the number of times I've run these two features to more accurately reflect the history of these posts. All this explanation is really for anyone who suddenly sees that the numbers have changed.
And so it's time for the 104th round of Secret Sunday, a chance to anonymously share secrets and/or fantasies you've been keeping to yourself. Some are uplifting, some are heartbreaking and some are just plain naughty.
All are valid.
Here's how it works:
1) This is open to anyone who wants to participate, from regular follower to casual visitor.
2) If this is something you'd like to run on your blog please feel free. Let me know and I'll follow along.
I'll be creating a tab at the top of my blog that will list everything that's been sent to me from the first day to present, for anyone who's as curious as I am about these things. Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!
Below is a list of all secrets that were submitted to me during the time I ran this in 2009.
- I'm in love with a married man. I am married too. We were college sweethearts but we didn't end up together. We found each other again recently. What can I say? Love is lovelier the second time around. I'll leave it at that since we're still writing our story. Who knows where this will lead us?
- I'm not sure if this qualifies as too controversial...but it says sexual content is allowed. The first time I masturbated was to a Mormon guy who left for his mission. I wanted to get back at him for leaving me for two years and felt like it was the best way to defile him, to make him less pure and more...human, I guess. But I'm religious, too. And I just felt dirty and wrong afterwards.
- Several years ago I went on a trip to Europe with a friend of mine. I accidentally opened the camera and exposed a roll of film containing pictures we had taken. I knew he'd be pissed, so instead I made it look like it had popped open in the travel bag. To this day he doesn't know it happened.
- When I was in my twenties we had a big family gathering at my aunt and uncle's house for Christmas. I ended up having a brief 'fling' with a friend of my cousin's. One night we had sex while the family slept all around us. I didn't realize until later that my other cousin was awake the whole time. And she reads this blog.
- Once I slept with three different men in a 24 hour time period without doing any of them at the same time. It was one of the sluttiest things I've ever done but it's also something I feel oddly proud of.
- I find pregnant women sexy, dressed or undressed.
- One lazy summer afternoon I was in my apartment, ahem, pleasuring myself. I had forgotten the window washer was coming by that day to do the windows. Oops! :)
- When I was younger I was so mad at this girl who was constantly hitting on my boyfriend. So I found out her address and signed her up for five different dirty magazines. When the magazines were sent to her house she got in huge trouble with her parents and they made her get counselling. I still don't regret it.
- When I found out my husband was cheating on me, I hacked his email accounts and then his dating accounts and I changed his profiles on those sites to state, "I'm the biggest fucking asshole in the world because I am cheating on my pregnant wife." HA!
- When my partner is away, I sometimes pleasure myself with thoughts of my partner's friends, and also I think of an ex co worker.
- I have a weakness for redheads
- I have two that are similar to some mentioned already! I'll save one for another day.
- I have been having an affair with my daughters soccer coach for the last 4.5 years. He has paid off my car loan, sent me on a vacation with my child, and just gives me cash when he has some in his wallet. I love him for this.
- I'm scared that he's the one and he doesn't want me. There was a moment in our relationship that I fell in love and it was the moment he fell out of love with me. I think he would be a great father & I'd have fun with him forever. He's been in my dreams & I can't seem to get him out of my head. I love him. It would be perfect. He's the first guy I ever thought I could marry. But he does not want me so I'm left alone and it's tearing me apart.
- I cried more over a girl I lost touch with than over the deaths of most people I've known, and I don't know why.
- My secret is...I've felt totally alone my whole life...
- My first kiss was with a girl. I'm a girl. I'm not a lesbian though. At least I don't think. Hah!
- Sometimes I fantasize about being in a bank and then a robber comes and then he demands that I start fooling around with a stranger in the line while the robber streams the video with a laptop or he'll kill random people until I do it.
- I miss my ex more than I could possibly have ever thought.
- I'm a straight male. But sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be with another man.
- I just accused my partner of writing the above secret and was shocked that he denied it. Hah!
- I'm not a virgin, and the only person who knows that is the guy I lost my virginity to. The reason for this is that in my culture (and religion) this is possibly punishable by death.
- Oh and I would REALLY like to give you the biggest hug someday.
- When I was twenty two I almost had an affair (or at least a brief 'encounter') with a friend of my mother's. This woman was ten years older than me, and we were very attracted to each other. After meeting her husband and son I couldn't go through with it.
- I read these posts hoping to read secrets that will turn me on.
- Water turns me on. The sound of it, the way it feels against my skin. I sometimes like to get myself off while in the shower or tub.
- Sometimes I wish I could get a hit man to take out people I don't like
- i am so jealous of my bf's ex. Even though she didn't do anything to me. she's smart, loaded and have a bright future. i'm soooo jealous, i could die for jealousy.
- I'm a lousy excuse for a partner
- I feel like I'm no longer beautiful... (if I ever was).
- Sometimes I fantasize about getting back together with my ex. Until I remember all the reasons why being with him sucked.
- I hate fucking Christmas. This is the worst time of year, Christmas sucks. I wish I could be at work all through the holidays. Fuck Christmas!
- I realize this probably isn't the most original, but I've got the hots for older men. Like...men my father's age. I'm happily married, but am waiting for the day I wake up next to my husband and find that he's that sexy, strong, experienced man I've always wanted to pounce. I also worry that when I reach that point, he'll be one of those men that wants a younger woman.
- hmmmm.... can I really do a secret friday? I might be quite embarassed after that... might not want to say too much. hahhaha...hmm.... thinking. get back to you on that.
- I kind of have a tiny crush on you.
- I was once first on-scene at an auto accident, and was able to take control of the scene. I hope to be in this situation again, partly because I want to help people. Partly because I want to be seen as a hero.
- I want everyone to like me. I'm nice to everyone, even people who don't deserve it. When I hear someone doesn't like me, I spend a lot of time torturing myself about why and then my self-esteem is gone for a long time because I feel worthless. All for that one person, whether it be a stranger or acquaintance. It sucks.
- I don't like to touch myself.
- I wish I could walk out of my office right now and never come back. My boss has no respect for me and people at my office just walk all over me. I can't leave because I get paid 1,000 every 2 weeks. It's the only reason why I stay but I wish i could scream "Fuck you" to my boss right now & kick him where the sun don't shine.
- I'm very frustrated right at the moment, with so much stuff. I'm keen to just get it sorted, but am getting too impatient.