Thursday, April 5, 2012
1. What is your favorite piece of jewelry and why?
*Since I don't wear any myself apart from a wedding band I'd have to say simple diamond-studded earrings or hoops on women. A subtle nose-piercing can be kinda sexy too.
2. What was your best Halloween costume?
*The only one I remember is when my best friend and I went out as Bonnie and Clyde. I was Clyde.
3. If you could own a second home anywhere in the world, where would it be?
*Australia. Otherwise maybe Costa Rica or Tuscany, Italy.
4. What is your best marriage/ relationship advice?
*Sandy and I have been married for fifteen years, together for almost twenty. A few things I've learned along the way:
- don't go to bed angry.
- allow each other time apart to pursue separate interests. Spending too much time together will lead to resentment.
- don't let jealousy rule a relationship. Aaron's a good-looking guy, you're a beautiful woman. Others will always hold a certain allure and attractions are natural. Remember you're most important in each other's lives, but also allow that the opposite sex will have a place somewhere. This shouldn't be perceived as a threat without reason.
- years from now, some of the things you find most annoying about each other will be those you find most endearing now. Don't say I didn't warn you. :p
- say I love you often, and show it. Never take for granted that your partner knows how you feel.
- hold hands, cuddle, be stupid together. Act young, think young and you'll keep your relationship young.
- as you grow older you'll see marriages and relationships of those you love fall apart. Always remember that this does not have to be you. Ignore the statistics and focus instead on making your relationship work. It WILL take work, but the journey is worth it.
5. Do you have a favorite song? What is it, and why?
*I couldn't begin to narrow it down to just one. The first that always seems to come to mind is "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain. To me it's the perfect love ballad. I also love "The Last Resort", it's an absolute gem of songwriting. If I could just write one song it would be one of these two.
6. What angers you the most?
*Intolerence. Close-mindedness. Lack of passion.
7. Which of your five senses do you value the most?
*Sight, most definitely. I couldn't imagine never again being able to gaze upon a sunset, an attractive woman, or to read a book. Even just to see colours.
8. What would be your favorite way to spend a Saturday night?
*Either out for dinner and a concert or cozy at home on a couch with Sandy watching a movie, followed by a playful romp beneath the sheets (or wherever).
9. What was the best concert you've ever attended?
*Dire Straits or Billy Joel/Elton John. Tiesto is amazing in concert too!
10. Who is your hero? He or she can be fictional or non-fictional.
*Teachers, mothers, some medical professionals. And Batman, can't forget him.
11. Which of the four is your favorite season?
*Summer, hands-down. Sunshine, heat, swimming, sitting on the patio, tanned bare skin...what's not to love?