Friday, October 2, 2009

My latest Whacked-Out Dream

http://www.trailrunner.typepad.com/


"Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality.
If you can dream it, you can make it so."
-Belva Davis

Umm, yeah, I don't think so this time Belva. I had the weirdest dream last night. Most of my dreams are way out in left-field anyway; I never seem to dream about all the juicy stuff that guys (married or not) are supposed to dream about. Women? Nah. Fast cars? Nah. Women? Nah. Sports? Nah. Women? Nope.

Instead here's what my brain hands me.

Sandy and I are at a Martial Arts exhibition at some auditorium. The performers come out, and in a long line they all start doing synchronized Martial Arts poses. And they're really good, they're perfectly in time and extremely flexible.

And oh...they're toddlers! We're at a Martial Arts demo watching a line-up of frikkin' three year olds in white Pampers who could eat Gerber's and kick my ass in the blink of an eye. I don't usually type WTF because it's so cliche, but WTF is that all about? I don't even LIKE babies or toddlers. They scare me.

Actually, they scare the shit out of me because I don't know what the hell they want and they haven't developed the decency yet to learn the English language to tell me. It's like they just lie there, drooling and gurgling and pooing and scheming about how they're going to one day come to me in my dreams and totally screw with my mind. I can almost picture it. "Grasshopper, grab this soother from my hand."

Whether in Kung-Fu gear or not babies are just plain evil, I tell you.

If anyone has an interpretation for this dream I'd really like to hear it. WTF indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Was it inspired by us? Since we are having a baby and my 7-year-old does Kung Fu?

    If it makes you feel better - the aforementioned 7-year-old said he dreamt that Terry Fox killed him.

    (The Terry Fox run was done at his school this wk).

    :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be S.C. Who knows how my brain works?

    ReplyDelete