Friday, December 18, 2009
TGIF everybody! It's time for the fifth installment of Secret Friday, a chance to anonymously share some secrets and fantasies you've kept to yourself. The reason I started this on my blog is I feel it helps people connect, by realizing there are others who have experienced or are going through now what they have. To provide a forum in which to understand they're not alone in their thoughts. Some are uplifting, some are heartbreaking, and (yes), some are just naughty.
Since last week, Secret Friday has also appeared in Egypt and Indonesia (thanks Mae and Nitia). If any of you get something from this post I hope you'll consider hosting one on your blog too. Feel free to copy and paste the guidelines below if you choose. All I ask is that you keep a regular eye on your feedback, contributions are a little heavy sometimes and contributors need to be respected. It's very important.
If you decide to do this on your blog please, please let me know. If we all link to each other I think we can start something great. Okay, here's how it works:
1) This is open to anyone who wishes to participate, whether follower or visitor.
2) Post a secret or fantasy anonymously, no names please. It can be anything from mild to wild, anything goes. All I ask is that it's true. You can post as many as you're comfortable with.
3) I don't plan to censor content or language. However I do reserve the right to remove anything which appears to be posted with the sole intent of offending. I also reserve the right not to remove content that may be considered controversial. It's a fine line sometimes.
4) If you're someone who is easily offended by swearing or sexual content you may not want to read through the comments. I have no idea where this will go and won't be reviewing comments until after they are posted.
5) I'll be participating as well.
6) Feedback directed towards me is welcome, anonymously or otherwise.
7) As always I'd like everyone to refrain from commenting on what someone else has written please; what may seem trivial to you can be very personal to someone else. Everyone has feelings and I want to see them respected, therefore inappropriate remarks will be removed.
And now to it...