1. What song have you been listening to a lot lately?
I've had Flaming June (Reuben Halsey's Chillout Mix) on pretty heavy rotation. It's not massively uplifting but I love the piano. It's a great mellow version of Flaming June by BT, which I've always loved.
2. What actor would you want to play you in a movie?
I'm not sure who I'd pick to represent me in years past but for present-day it would have to be Stanley Tucci. He's brilliant and can convey tremendous emotion. Plus he has about as much hair as I do.
3. Any tattoos?
4. Have you ever visited another country?
I've been to a few. We've driven through the US a bit (Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania). I went to Ireland with my dad when I was twelve. When I was twenty-two I backpacked through Europe with my best friend; in five weeks we went to England, Belgium, France, Monaco, Holland, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Italy, Vatican City and Switzerland. I'd love to go to Australia and Brazil.
5. Are you saving your money for anything right now? Big or small purchase?
I plan to get a high-quality webcam soon so I can start chatting by video with you guys, and do some video posts.
6. What one song will always cheer you up?
"Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap (Tiesto's remix)
7. What is one thing you miss the most about childhood?
The lack of responsibility and the innocence that came with thinking the world was perfect.
8. Is there a catch phrase, cliche, or word that just drives you nuts every time you hear it?
"My old lady." I just can't wrap my head around it, it's so disrespectful towards women.
9. What is your favorite thing about summertime?
Tanned exposed skin and flowing sundresses. I just love summer!
10. What is your ideal retirement location (if money didn't matter)?
Beachfront property in Australia with a crashing surf in front of me and lush forest behind. Secluded enough for privacy but close enough to a town that I can get everything from.
11. What nervous habit did you have as a child that you kicked before becoming an adult?
Sucking on two fingers. Oh, and wetting the bed (don't tell anyone).
12. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you while on the job?
Not really embarassing but a deer made its way into my first-floor office once and visited me at my desk. Does that count?
13. Did you make good grades in school?
I consistently pulled off high marks in English Lit, grammar and the performing arts (theatre). Just as consistently I sucked at math and science and was happy to squeak through with passing grades in economics, physics, biology and chemistry. Yeesh.
14. What is your earliest childhood memory?
I vaguely remember making it to the egg before everyone else. :)
Okay. The earliest memory I have is being on the front lawn playing with my sister who was in her crib. I would have been about...four?
15. Do you live in the same town you grew up in?
No, but close. I was born and raised in Toronto and now live about twenty-five minutes from the home I grew up in.