Friday, October 8, 2010

My New Webcam (video is on previous post)


  I thought I'd tell you a bit about the webcam I picked up. Partly because I really like it, mostly 'cause when I decided to shoot in widescreen I wasn't thinking the video would push out into the sidebar. Doh! So this post pushes that one down a bit and positions it a better, even if it's not ideal. Next time I'll shoot in a standard format.

  I narrowed my choices down to either Microsoft's LifeCam Cinema 720p HD Webcam H5D-00001 or the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910. I finally decided on the Logitech unit, based on:


  • full HD 1080p recording
  • 720p video calling on most major instant messaging applications
  • Carl Zeiss® optics with autofocus
  • stereo audio
  • it's very adept at adjusting to produce the best picture in dim or poorly backlit settings
  • photos: up to 10 megapixels (software enhanced)
  • one-click upload to Facebook and YouTube
There you go, short and sweet.  I'm enjoying it so far and I feel that if it's something you'll use regularly it's worth the extra few bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment