Saturday, January 2, 2010

Pillow Talk (it's not what you think so get your mind out of the gutter)


                              "First Light" by Steve Hanks


I was kissing Sandy goodnight a few minutes ago, as she typically goes to bed before I do at the end of the week (I realize I've just told the whole world I rarely get any late-night action on Fridays). Anyway.
I'm just about to turn off the lights when she hits me with this:

her: "I have a confession to make."
me: dramatic pause ..."What?"
her: "There's a guy who left you a comment.  I went to his website and now I'm following his blog."
me: waiting to hear something crazy like she's having his cyber-baby "And?"...
her: "A while ago he wrote a post called "Makin' Love Ain't Just in the Bed".  It's about how men should treat women, not just in the bedroom but in all areas."
me:  "And?"...
her: "I left him a comment on his most recent post."
me: feigning disgust "Oh I dunno, I get awfully jealous when you follow other guys' blogs.  I don't think I can sleep with you anymore.  And since making love isn't "just in the bed", I'm not gonna sleep with you on the stairs or the kitchen table either."
her: "We don't have a kitchen table."
me: long pause "Well...that's why I'm not gonna sleep with you on it."
her: giggling "You're a goof."

I wonder if I'll  find this as humourous in the morning.  I wonder if she will.  (Heh heh).

13 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha! Good luck in the morning. I want to know the juicy details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. I dunno what would you two think. But I think it's really funny and entertaining. I can't help myself smirking after reading it :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I just shared this with my GF and she told me, "Congratulations on causing strife in other people's relationships".

    I really didn't mean to!

    (We don't have a kitchen table either. The counters work just fine)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah, no juicy details to report. Sandy got a good laugh when she read this.

    Fe, thanks for stopping in. My wife and I have all sorts of silly conversations like this, I think I'll post more from time to time.

    MPH, it's all good. There was never any danger of an argument, we both just got a good laugh from it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My comment was in humor as well. GF is a smarta.., um, wise person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chuckling. Not sure what to say to that. Especially since we've just crossed paths and I really know nothing about you or Sandy. So, I'll pass! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tony/Jill/Sophia/Ari,

    Yeah I still chuckle when I think about it. We've had some pretty funny discussions,as most couples have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, it's pretty funny, and telling that she felt even vaguely betraying by visiting someone else's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i enjoyed reading this- too funny
    xx
    and gorgeouss blogg; will definitely be back visiting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you some action? I sure hope so!!! teeee heeee!!!!

    ReplyDelete