Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Yikes, I've Been Nominated!
Hi guys, I was just nominated for this by Jill at Life After College. Actually I've received it vicariously in a sense, as it was for the post below in which I hosted a piece from my wife Sandy's blog. But as someone who absolutely loves attention (as Sandy will attest to) I'm very pleased and quite flattered to get it. Thanks Jill!!
There's an interesting trend developing here. First I received the Sugar Doll Award from my very dear friend Jennifer Fabulous. Then I get this Beautiful Blogger Award. And lately I find I've been taking more interest in women's fashion. These are things that happen when you're surrounded by women. It's a hardship, but I think I can learn to deal with it somehow. :)
Plus I take consolation in knowing I have no desire to actually wear the clothes myself, so I think I'm okay. Being misunderstood here= epic fail.
Okay, I've had a few awards before but I think this is the first time I'm playing by the rules. They are:
1) Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2) Copy the award and place it on your blog.
3) Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4) Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
5) Nominate 7 bloggers.
6) Post links to the 7 blogs I nominate.
Here are 7 things about me:
1. I've never drank a cup of regular coffee in my life, don't like the taste. Yet I have a shot of espresso every morning. Go figger.
2. I once had a lost deer find its way into my first-floor office and walk up behind me at my desk. True story.
3. I'm starting to think all my years of studying in school would have been better spent pursuing psychology. Now I read it for personal interest.
4. I lost my virginity in my early twenties to a girl who was five years younger, in the back seat of my own car which I later sold to my mom. After that I couldn't sit in the back without remembering that steamy summer night parked by the river. The fact that my mother now owned that car was kind of..icky. But I was just thankful I was able to get the handprints off the windows. If she only knew...
5. I'm a night owl and would stay up to 3am every night if I could.
6. I believe the highest honour I can be paid is to have someone take me into their confidence.
7. I occasionally produce music on my computer when the mood strikes me.
Okay, the seven bloggers I nominate are:
1. The Happy Cactus
2. Oh Missy Me
3. I am the Walrus
4. I Know, Right
5. Melanie's Randomness
6. One Long Road
7. Little Loves
and four more, just because I can: Queen of Shiba
Language is Wine Upon the Lips
Marley and Me