It seems like forever since I decided to take a break over the holidays. But here we are, with the first installment of the year and the sixth in a continuing series. I've met many new faces since we last left off, so for those of you who are new I'll tell you a bit about it.
Secret Friday is a chance to anonymously share some secrets and fantasies you've kept to yourself. The reason I started this is I feel it helps people connect, by realizing there are others who have experienced or are now going through what you have. To provide a forum in which to understand you're not alone in your thoughts. Some fantasies and secrets are uplifting, some are heartbreaking, and yes, some are just plain naughty.
All are valid.
If you get something from this I hope you'll consider hosting one on your blog as well. Feel free to copy and paste the guidelines below if you choose. All I ask is that you keep a regular eye on your feedback; contributions can be emotionally intense sometimes and people writing in need to be respected. It's very important. If you decide to do this on your blog please, please let me know. If we all link to each other I think we can start something great.
Okay, here's how it works:
1) This is open to anyone who wishes to participate, from regular follower to casual visitor.
2) Post a secret or fantasy anonymously, no names please. It can be anything from mild to wild, anything goes. All I ask is that it's true. You can post as many as you're comfortable with.
3) I don't plan to censor content or language. However I do reserve the right to remove anything which appears to be posted with the sole intent of offending. I also reserve the right not to remove content that may be considered controversial. It's a fine line sometimes.
4) If you're someone who is easily offended by swearing or sexual content you may not want to read through the comments. I have no idea where this will go and won't be reviewing comments until after they are posted.
5) I'll be participating as well.
6) Feedback directed towards me is welcome, anonymously or otherwise.
7) As always I'd like everyone to please refrain from commenting on what someone else has written; what may seem trivial to you can be very personal to someone else. Everyone has feelings and I want to see them respected, therefore inappropriate remarks will be removed.
And now to it...