Friday, November 20, 2009
"We dance around in a ring and suppose.
But the secret sits in the middle and knows."
I love secrets, love everything about them. For me being taken aside and trusted to keep someone's most intimate thoughts safe, or finding someone with whom I can do the same is nothing short of an honour. I've had some amazing things shared that will die with me.
Within me is a curious fascination for whispered confidences. And if Post Secret (a project I've been following for some time) is any indication, I'm certainly not alone.
Secrets can be heartbreaking. But they can also be the spice of life. To that end, I'm hoping we can heat things up a little and add some spice of our own.
I proclaim today Secret Friday.
Here's how it works:
1) This is open to anyone who wishes to participate, whether follower or visitor.
2) Post a secret anonymously, no names please. It can be anything from mild to wild, anything goes. All I ask is that it's true. You can post as many as you're comfortable with.
3) I don't plan to censor content or language. However I do reserve the right to remove anything which appears to be posted with the sole intent of offending. I also reserve the right not to remove content that may be considered controversial. It's a fine line sometimes.
4) If you're someone who is easily offended by swearing or sexual content you may not want to read through the comments. I have no idea where this will go and won't be reviewing comments until after they are posted.
5) I'll be participating as well.
6) Feedback directed towards me is welcome, anonymous or otherwise.
7) I'd like everyone to refrain from commenting on what someone else has written please; what may seem trivial to you can be very personal to someone else. Everyone has feelings and I want to see them respected. Inappropriate remarks will be removed.
This is the first time I've tried this . It may go over well, or may be met with shyness and receive very few comments. But I'll never know unless I try.
Here's a secret of mine to get things started.
I have a spicy side of my own which would require a separate, very different kind of blog...